My name is Nathan Hudson and I live in the Milwaukee, WI metropolitan area. Yes, I’m a cheesehead, use the word bubbler, soda, and some would say a little too much Norwegian based on my Wisconsin accent.
I’m also the Co-Founder and CTO of Openess which is a new startup company involved with the open source software community.
I work for VMware as an Enterprise Senior Solutions Engineer. I play a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions. I work very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts in my area. My position is a high impact, very visible and social role responsible for ensuring extensive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions.
I also work within the Office of the CTO, Ambassador program. The VMware CTO Ambassador (CTOA) program is focused on creating and developing technology focused communities that span R&D and the field. This enables the effective flow of information and knowledge, backwards and forwards, between R&D and the field, and ultimately with our customers and partners, which in turn drives more profitable relationships, greater revenue, and new and improved products. The CTOA program’s specific mission falls into four main areas:
- To disseminate information and knowledge from the CTO office and R&D, to our field, partners and customers.
- To aggregate, distill and feedback field, partner and customer insights to R&D, to better inform and drive VMware’s strategy and products.
- To develop and grow technical talent in the field.
- To create and maintain the communities which facilitate the above.
I’m also a military veteran and member of the Veterans@VMware group. Veterans@VMware is a globally chartered organization as a subsidiary of the Inclusion@VMware a subsidiary of VMware, Inc. The purpose of the Veterans@VMware group includes the following:
- To foster a culture of excellence within VMware and support VMware’s EPIC2 values.
- Increase VMware branding in support of veterans’ interests globally through military and veteran communities.
- Recruit military veterans to join VMware.
- Retain veterans already working within VMware.
- Mentor veterans, both those working at VMware and those externally.
- Create awareness of veterans’ issues.
- Celebrate the camaraderie and culture of military service within VMware.
- Encourage service by veterans and supporters, to the community and the benefit of VMware.
I try to be involved as much as possible within the #vCommunity and I am a member of multiple VMware User Groups within the upper midwest in the United States. You can find me active on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn sharing community and work related news, events and activities for all things VMware related. If you’re interested in hearing a little more about how I got into VMware as well as some of my history getting into IT, you can check out my interview from Keith Townsend at one of our VMUG Virtual Events.
I love working for VMware and staying engaged in the community. I live the #vmwarelife daily and try to convey our EPIC2 Values within all my interactions with customers, partners, and community members. I also have been a member of the vExpert program and I’m also working through some VMware technical certifications as I strive towards VCDX industry certification. I also have some legacy Microsoft Certifications from my former life before coming to work at VMware.
I’m almost an empty nester with my wife Lisa for over 30 years together, with my three kids Jenna, Ryan, and Kyle. I enjoy motorcycling, bicycling (500 mile bike tours in North Dakota every other year), golfing with my son, community and customers. I recently bought some land in Central Wisconsin that I use to camp regularly in the VMware Mobile Office (motorhome above) and enjoy the great Wisconsin outdoors fishing on my pontoon boat and 4-wheeling in my Jeep and ATVs. I’m a TV and Movie fan and have quite a large Plex library at home to keep me occupied even when away from home. I am a sports fan – Baseball: Milwaukee Brewers, Football: Green Bay Packers, Basketball: Milwaukee Bucks, College Sports: Wisconsin Badgers, and love to tailgate whenever I can for sporting events in my home state. If you’d like to learn a little more on my history, LinkedIn does a pretty good job of summarizing my professional career. You can contact me directly on Twitter or on Linked in based on the links above. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you all in person.