This is a customer facing self-service SaaS application that allows customers to view Skyline proactive findings and recommendations on-demand. You no-longer have to wait for your next Operational Summary Report (OSR) to be available to view potential issues discovered within your environment.
Skyline Advisor 1.0:
- Skyline Advisor is the analytic dashboard for VMware Skyline customers to look up proactive findings and monitor the health of their environments.
- It is delivered to customers as a SaaS platform through the My VMware portal.
- Skyline currently supports VMware vSphere, NSX and vSAN.
I know you all have been eagerly awaiting the release of Skyline Advisor, and your feedback in response to mock-ups and demos before, during and after VMworld U.S. has been overwhelmingly positive. Many of you have stated that you’re looking forward to being able to access Skyline proactive findings and recommendations any time, rather than waiting for an emailed report. You’ve also commented on the clear, clean UI and the ease of use.
What do I need to know about this release?
- With the release of Skyline Advisor, Production Support customers will access their proactive findings and recommendations within Skyline Advisor only and will no longer receive Operational Summary Reports.
- Premier Services customers will have access to Skyline Advisor and continue to receive Operational Summary Reports. Premier Services customers will be able to download their Operational Summary Reports from the OSR Library available within Skyline Advisor.
- Skyline Advisor comes with features and functionalities that include: A Skyline Advisor Home page, Account Details page, a breakdown of number of Proactive Findings based upon level of severity and category, and OSR Library page.
To learn more about Skyline Advisor 1.0, click on the below links:
- VMware Skyline Product Page
- Demo Video of Skyline Advisor
- Blog Post on Skyline Advisor
- Getting Started with Skyline Advisor